Monday 12 September 2011

Blood Donation Campaign, One Drop One Hope.

It was a pleasant Saturday morning, I got up from my bed at 7am. Yeah, it was a little too early for me to wake up on weekends. But this time, there is a reason I woke up early, I joined my university's Leo Club in organising a blood donation campaign at a mall in Sungai Petani town. There were about 33 volunteers joined to help up during the campaign. And it was really a successful campaign that the number of people donating their blood exceeds the targeted number! I can't believe there are many people actually still care and are willing to do something for the community by donating their blood. Previously, if I did not join to assist in this campaign, I would not know the importance of  blood donation. And that's the reason why I wrote about blood donation in my blog. This event eventually create awareness among the people that donating blood can save a life! Okay, as a Christian, do you want to serve the Lord? If yes, how? Well, I can say by helping up in charity work such as blood donation and also donate blood is one of the way you can do on behalf of God! We all know our limitation to save others life, but it is not impossible. By just simply donate blood of yours, you can save a person who might be dying of loss of excessive blood in an accident. It is a good thing if you know that your blood can make people survive from walking through their way to death. As the saying says, "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give", I am prepared to help!^^

No comments:

Post a Comment